Well, it's been while since I've blogged. I'm not sure why. I've just been really busy doing not much. Here are some highlights:
Valentine's Day- I am not much on celebrating this silly holiday. But, I received the most beautiful roses I've ever seen from my sweet, sweet brother and his fiance.
Yes, you read that right. My brother is getting married and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am. We are so excited for her to join our family.
But, back to Valentine's Day. One of my boys brought me a heart shaped sucker. When he handed it to me, he put his arm around my shoulder and said, "Ms. Cormack, happy valentine's day. I love you." :)
As we are getting ready for state testing, the pressure is on at school. It's 21 days away. And I can't wait to get it over with. In the mean time, I am spending everyday, all day teaching reading and math. I am not worried about the math portion of the test. My kids love, love, love math. But reading is a different story.
This wonderful springy weather is spoiling me. Thursday was Jessica's birthday and at 6:00 it was nice enough for me to have dinner outside! We went to workplay to celebrate with Ben Rector. If you haven't heard of him, you need to listen to his music. It was great. And I don't even like music like that typically.
At school on Thursday, my kids skyped with Kate. I got permission from the technology people at the board to use skype as virtual fieldtrips. They loved it and so did I!!