Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kate

I am having a hard time falling asleep. Kate's on my mind. She leaves for South Africa tomorrow. I can't imagine how anxious she is to get there. I am so proud of her for so many things, but one thing she does continuously is trust on God to lead her heart wherever He wants her to go. Amazingly, He provides opportunities for her to share His love. I am so thankful to have her as my friend. Tomorrow, she'll leave from Atlanta and I won't hear her voice again til August 6th. I am already ready for that date. I can't wait to hear the wonderful tales she will have when she gets back. I am nervous for her because it's so unsafe for women to be in the area she will be. I pray that God protects her while she is doing His work. Please pray with me that He protects and guards her.

The funny thing about this is that for some reason, everytime she leaves, our relationship grows. I talk to her everyday, literally everyday. Even if it's just a text. While she was in Italy last spring, we facebooked everyday. I would share my experiences during my special education internship, while she would tell me about the Italian days she was living. I have never checked my emails so much as I did when she was gone. And I have a feeling it will be like that again. Best friends are hard to find, and I can't imagine living without one of mine.

Last night, Calla, Kate, and I enjoyed Birmingham. We ate at PF Changs then went downtown. I was sitting at a bar downtown, taking in the beauty of two of my favorite people in the world. Kate just has a way about her. You can't help but love and trust her. She would go to the end of the world for anyone. Calla is so herself. She has an amazing character that always surprises you and makes you laugh. She lives life to the fullest and I am thankful our relationship has grown this year.

I love you, Kate. I am so proud of your devotion and courage. :) Can't wait to hear about the way God moves through you!!