Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Countdown

It's almost here. 17 more school days with kids...I can't wait. I love this kids, but it's time for them to flee and bother the 4th grade teachers. And not a minute too soon. I wanted to share some highlights of my year with you. A walk down memory lane begins now.
July 2009-- My daddy and I load up my 'teacher stuff' and head to the big city. I get to school, only to find that my room is FILLED with crap. Not my crap, other teachers' crap. We make just enough room for my crap and leave...as quickly as possible.
August 2009-
1. Cassie and I go to school to get my room in shape. WOW!! We stayed approxiately 3 hours, unpacked all my books, met the janitor, and left.
2. First Teacher Work Day- I don't know a sole. I don't like to meet new people. Thank goodness for Jamie. She likes to talk, and I am thankful she does. :)
3. Orientation- What in the world have I gotten myself into?! All the assisstant principal talks about is fights, dress code, and time of drop off and pick up...

September 2009- I finally start seeing my kids. I meet Michael Jordan and realize he's going to be my buddy.

October 2009- The tailgating party. Oh me. Gigi and I were the only white people at the football game. But it's okay because by this point I am good friends with LaToya, LaPordia, Gigi, Misty, and McCall. All is okay in my world!

December 2009- My 3 rd roommate/teacher moves in. I can tell we are going to be friends. Christmas break was not nearly long enough.

January 2010- Black History Play practice begins. Tutoring is also going on. Everyday lasts til 5. Enough said.

February 2010- Valentine's Dance!! Wahoo!! I go to Golden Corral for the first time ever with all the play kids. Not the best experience of my life.

March- Spring Break and testing. How in the world do they (education people) expect kids to do well on standardized tests right after spring break...come on now.

April- IEP seasons begins. The kids are getting antsy...it's time to move on to summer...

May- The best is yet to come. Yesterday we met to discuss all the fun things this month. Check this out-- Awards Day- May 14, Field Day- May 19, Beta Club Ceremony- May 20 :) Not to mention all of the paperwork I'll be doing.
The countdown is on...