I am prefacing this post with this statement...I really do love my job, I promise I do.
So, Friday morning bus duty. Oh how I love it! Friday morning, I got behind the SLOWEST person ever on Edwards Lake Road. I have to drive this 2 lane road for 5 or 6 miles. It usually takes me about 3 minutes. Friday it took 7. You know, I never leave on time. I am always running around. So, the extra 4 minutes meant I got to school 3 minutes late. I ran into the lunchroom only to discover that the other 2 teachers who were supposed to be there, weren't!!! About 75 5th and 6th graders were running around. As soon as I walked in, LaToya's class sat down. They knew I would be to visit her later in the day and tell her what was going on. I am thankful for those 9 kids. I sent one of LaToya's boys to the office to let Mrs. Connie know I was the only one. She called for back-up and several teachers came to my rescue. The 6th grade teachers are amazing!! They walked in and the kids sat down and quietened immediately. One teacher asked them to put their heads down and shut their mouths. The word detention may have been mentioned. The lunchroom has never, I repeat never, been that quiet. I was soooo thankful for those teachers. They saved me.
Now, this might not sound like a big deal, but trust me. Those 5th and 6th graders are bigger, and as I have mentioned, the most disrespectful and rude kids I've ever met. I would have been in trouble had a fight broken out.
I'm not a morning person, and this was not the best start for a Friday...